Sunday, March 19, 2017

Center Section Forward Assembly Prep

Today was a long day. I spent most of the day in the shop working on the center section. I have match drilled all of the frame. Most of the time was spent cleaning up items I have been putting off until I understood them better.

I finished the fabrication of the F-704 Main Bulkhead spacer blocks. These are wooden Blocks which are exactly 1 7/16 inch which is the same size as the wing spar. I have to thank my friend Ernie from Lakeland EAA Chapter 454 for making the block of wood to exacting specs. I cut the block down to size and drilled the 4 holes for the spar bolts. Perfect fit. Thanks Ernie.



With the block in place I can now install the front half of the F-704 spar.





Also the spacer bushings and AN3 bolts are installed.



With everything in place, final drilling of the spar is completed. This includes countersinking 4 locations in the bottom skin called out in the plans.



And finally the F-704H side panels are installed and drilled.



Now to spend the next two weeks deburring and dimpling. Oh Joy . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment