Monday, October 14, 2019

Canopy Roll Bar and support

This next component is the roll bar. In case I decide to land upside-down this roll bar will keep me from getting crushed. I start by fabricating the attachment tabs. These tabs will be installed on the back side of the longerons.



Here is a shot of the Bar while I am deciding which direction it will be installed.




Test fit with 3/32 inch holes. I did have to move the the holes to the rear of the plane because I ended up not having the edge distance on the base of the roll bar when using the holes in the plans location. After some head scratching and careful measuring, I found that the Bar base was shorter then it is supposed to be. Easy fix by relocating the holes. Good reason to test fit with 3/32 holes.





Now install the forward support.







No comments:

Post a Comment