Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Countersink Problem

So here is something that you might be interested in. I am required to countersink the inside edge of the bottom flange of the F704 forward bulkhead. This is a problem because the forward edge is pretty narrow where the countersink cage will not fit.

Here is a shot of the area where i need this done. Fuzzy picture but i need the last 5 holes done.



And here is  shot of the huge countersink cage. It will never fit as the holes are to close to the perpendicular edge. The countersink cage normally gets chucked up in a drill. There is no room for this either.



I didn't think this could be done by hand but lets give it a shot. I removed the guts and had nothing left but the center shaft. Took some doing, but eventually I got the result I was looking for.





Rivet test fit



Hour or so later, 10 holes complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment