Friday, April 14, 2017

Rivet Seat Ribs to Main Bulkhead

Today I have riveted the seat ribs to the main bulkhead. This was pretty straight forward except for one thing. I was looking at the plans one last time and have found that that all the ribs marked Left don't actually go on the left side. The second set inward are to be reversed so that the right side has one left rib, and the left side has one right rib. Who knows right.

Here is a pic of what I am talking about.



The two circled ribs are swapped so they are oriented in the opposite direction as the rest. As bolt holes have already been drilled in these, they didn't line up when I switched them around. I re-drilled the holes which created a slot instead of a nice hole around the bolt. Learning from a previous mistake, I have learned in these situations you can make a doubler plate with the correct hole location to fix the issue. In this case I made the doubler plate large enough so that it will grab the next rivet as well for added stability. Tiny bit of extra weight but it saves the part.



Here are some other shots of the center section frame going togeather. (This is where you will sit eventually).









No comments:

Post a Comment